Friday, August 22, 2014

ALL IN

Let me begin by first saying that I LOVE my job so much that it doesn't even feel like I am working. I mean I get to set my own hours, I have my own office, I work with some incredible people who make the office fun, I get to talk to people all day long, I get to go to sporting events, talk sports, and study God's Word. So all those people out there that tried to scare me with the whole "working world stuff" obviously were just joking. But in all reality I know that I truly am where Christ has called me to be. After one week (and it wasn't even a full week) I am having the time of my life and I haven't even started my field work yet! I found this quote the other day when I was working on some things and it said this:

"It's a beautiful thing when a career and passion come together."

This week I have realized what a beautiful thing it is to see both passion and career come together. It has been a whirlwind of a week as I have been bombarded with new information, meetings, conference calls, learning new software, and preparing to begin field work. However, I know that without a doubt I am where God has called me to be! 

In my last post I had talked about how I need to raise my funds to be on staff on at FCA. This has been one of my greatest challenges so far. If you really know me, you know that I hate talking on the phone, and that is one of the main things I have to do to raise this money. However, on an exciting note I have raised just over a third of my funds needed so far! Praise the LORD! But that still means that I have two thirds to go! With that being said I could use your help! If you feel led to help support me financially on this journey please visit the link below! It's my personal page that talks a little bit about what I am doing, and how you can support me! 

https://my.fca.org/5314-short-alexa.aspx

The theme this year for FCA camp was "ALL IN" and it is based on two verses:

And whatever you do, whether in word or dead, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. -Colossians 3:14

But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved. -Hebrews 10:39

This theme is going to carry into the Team Times that I will be doing as well. So as I will be challenging athletes to go ALL IN. I want to challenge you to go ALL IN. Chose to go ALL IN, whether it is at your job, in your friendships, your marriage, or your relationship with Christ. Make the choice today to go ALL IN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment