Friday, July 25, 2014

Exciting News!

Family and friends, I have exciting news to share! God has called me to serve in a full-time ministry with the Buckeye Border Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). After much prayer and counsel, I'm pursuing an Area Representative position with FCA.

FCA is the largest sports ministry in the world. Since 1954, FCA has challenged athletes and coaches to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA currently reaches approximately two million people annually on every level-professional, college, high school, junior high and youth. FCA's staff has grown to more than 800 in over 400 local offices across the country. FCA's efforts are focused on our "4 C's" Ministry: Coaches, Campus, Camp and Community. You can read more about FCA on the links I posted.

It's incredibly exciting to join this awesome team to build Christ's Kingdom in our community. We're committed to winning, building, training and sending out coaches and athletes to minister for Christ. In fact, coaches are one of the most influential people in our world today. We'' reach hundreds of thousands of young people for Christ as we encourage, equip and empower coaches. My official start date is August 19, 2014, where I will begin as a full-time Area Representative for the Buckeye Border FCA office. I'll have many incredible opportunities to serve by:
  • Ministering to Coaches in the Area-through relationships, encouragements, and Bible studies
  • Develop and support Campus ministry-training coaches, leaders, students to reach their campuses for Christ. 
  • Minister and support local teams-through team building, bible studies, and encouragement
  • Women Ministries-equip and lead women of all ages to rise up and accept the calling that Christ has placed their lives. 
The task of impacting athletes and coaches in Northwest Ohio is too large for me alone. Please consider partnering with me to make a difference for Jesus Christ. In order for me to begin serving on staff full time, I must raise $2,500 per month. I'm seeking faithful teammates like you to invest with me in the FCA ministry. Your prayers and financial support provide the foundation to serve. 

If you are interested in learning more about FCA or teaming with me on this journey, then feel free to send me an email at alexaleighshort@gmail.com or send me a message on Facebook. I would love to talk with you more about this opportunity and the passions that God has placed on my heart. 

I hope to use this blog as a way to communicate with all of you the things that are happening with FCA, and what I have been up to. 

I pray that you will experience the love of Christ in a brand new way today! 
Blessings, 

Alexa 

No comments:

Post a Comment