Friday, August 14, 2015

Wait.

Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
-Psalm 27:14

My dear child,
Wait on me; and as you wait, continue to wait. My timeline is not the same as yours. You live in a world full of deadlines and demands but you find yourself constantly waiting in lines, waiting for your food to be ready, waiting for the next opportunity, waiting for that significant other. Waiting can be boring and it can feel pointless. So your world tries to offer you remedies to keep you from getting bored in your waiting. It is constantly offering you new upgrades and new ideas but before you know it you are bored and waiting on the next new thing.  Your world gives up if they don’t see results or answers in a matter of minutes. Your world doesn’t like to wait because it is something that they cannot control and they think that they are all alone. But my child, take heart, I am not of your world. I don’t grow tired and restless and I am with you in the waiting. What I have to offer you is far greater than anything that your world could ever give you. I have something for you that won’t fade away, something that will last. But in order to receive what I have to give you, you must be ready to wait. Sometimes you aren’t ready for what I have waiting for you. Sometimes you need to need to be bumped, bruised, tossed and molded before you can accept what I have to offer. Trust me, my child. Your world tries to tell you that waiting is a waste of time that you must be doing. But I didn’t design you to be like this world. I created you to be set apart, to look different, to act different and to be an example. So when you are restless and tired of waiting on the answer you are praying for, be still and know that I am God.
Love, 
Your Patient Father

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along.
            Romans 8:28 (The Message).

For the revelations awaits on an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait, for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3 NIV


Prayer:
Abba, show me what it looks like to wait in the waiting. Help me to focus my eyes and my heart on you and not on temporary fixes of this world. Though it linger, I will wait. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment